A bill of sale needs to be created whenever any sale and purchase of goods and services takes place. As per the current rules, it is termed as GST Invoice. Seller is required to send a GST invoice to the buyer. It is a necessary part of compliance with the GST rules and regimes.
In case you are having a GST registered business with valid GSTIN, you must provide GST invoice to your customers for sales of any goods or services. As per rules specified under the GST Act, to correctly create a GST invoice format,following fields are required to fill:
- Date and Invoice number
- Name of Customer
- Billing Address and Shipping Address of customer
- GSTIN of Taxpayer and Customer (if registered)
- Place of supply
- HSN Code (Harmonized System of Nomenclature Code)
- Taxable value/applicable discount
- GST rates and total GST charged including details of applicable CGST/SGST/IGST for the item
- Signature of the supplier.